A message to our community about COVID‑19
To our Double Good community, We’d like to thank you for continuing to fundraise using Double Good and helping us fulfill our mission of helping all kids do what they love.
The responsibility to keep our amazing customers, employees and families healthy and safe is one we do not take lightly. With the increasing concern regarding the novel Coronavirus COVID‑19 outbreak, we wanted to let you know that we are actively taking steps to help protect everyone involved with our popcorn, from those who make it to everyone who enjoys it.
• We have reinforced proper personal hygiene, safe food handling procedures, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) with all team members at our production facility
• All employees have been asked to stay home if they are feeling unwell for any reason, and new personnel policies have been enacted to support them as they care for themselves and their families
• We are doubling-down on our already high sanitation standards, and have increased the disinfection frequencies in our facilities in accordance with CDC guidance
• Our manufacturing facility is currently restricted to essential employees only, and we have allowed more flexibility in remote work conditions to promote “social distancing” as recommended by the CDC and WHO
• To ensure our customers can count on their fundraising dollars, we have actively worked with our supply chain partners to source additional raw materials and supplies to continue making popcorn as long as we can
In addition to the proactive measures Double Good has undertaken, we feel it is also important to point out that, according to the FDA and USDA, there is currently no evidence indicating COVID‑19 can be transmitted through food or food packaging, so you can feel confident in continuing to enjoy any Double Good deliveries you receive.
Thank you for your trust and confidence in Double Good. We empathize with so many of you who have been impacted by this unprecedented situation, so please know that we are committed now more than ever to our top priority of maintaining your health and safety. We will continue to support you, our Double Good community, as long as we can. With the continually-evolving nature of this outbreak, we will be sure to keep you informed of any changes we may need to make to further protect our customer’s and employee’s well‑being.
Thank you, Tim Heitmann, CEO